BurdaStyle Twisty Top

One of my new year’s goals is to really make use of the BurdaStyle magazine patterns. I’ve been a subscriber for years and have made a few things but not enough. I decided that if I’m going to continue to receive that magazine, I had better use it.  I really enjoy reading the magazine and I always pick out a few things that I like in almost every issue. But, I haven’t taken the time to actually MAKE them. So, this year, my goal is to make at least one item from an issue for that month from any year. In other words, as February approaches, I’ve chosen something I want to make from a February issue from 2012. That gives me more options and it’s more fun and less limiting. That being said, I have at least accomplished this for January.

BurdaStyle 01/2018 #102

This is 01-2018 #102. It’s shown in the magazine as athleisure wear which it certainly can be. I made mine using athletic/performance fabric I bought at Joann’s. I made no alterations to the pattern. But, this top is designed well enough that made from a different fabric (they suggest silk jersey), you could wear this for a night out on the town. I love versatile patterns!

You could even make this with short sleeves for warmer weather.

The biggest surprise for me was that this was very easy to make. Anyone who’s ever tried one of their patterns knows that the directions can sometimes be a bit confusing. This was straight-forward.

So it’ll be on to the next project for me and hoping to get a February make done!

BurdaStyle 01/2018 #102

Athletic wear and T-shirts…

Last year when I did my first RTW fast, one of my goals was to make some work-out wear. Well, it never happened. I had too many other things to do and not enough time. This time around, I got it done.

The first thing I made were these capri leggings for working out.

Yes – lime green zebra print lycra work-out pants. I used Kwik Sew 3455. I absolutely LOVE them. They are so comfortable and I can’t believe I waited so long to make my own athletic wear. The pattern has a gusset in the seat, so that gives more room for stretching without tearing.

I also made the same thing in a very subdued black nylon lycra.

As for the T shirts, I used Jalie 2805 for those. I’ve had this pattern for quite a while and never got around to using it. Now I get why people love it!

This one is made from some left-over knit I had. It’s a sweater knit, so it’s a bit warm for hot days. But I was glad to be able to use up the material I had.

This one is an ITY knit that I’ve had and never used. It’s light-weight and very comfortable.

That’s all for now. Happy sewing!