Blue camo stretch jeans using Vogue 8774!

I have made so many pairs of these jeans, I’ve lost count. It’s one of those patterns that I have altered to fit me the way I like. This time around though, I used a very stretchy blue camouflage denim. There’s probably close to 25% stretch in the fabric. I had originally bought it to make another pair of the Jalie pull-on jeans (shown here). 

The material was a little difficult initially to work with because of the amount of stretch in the fabric. That took a little getting used to. But I do love the results.


This is shown with the Burda Style black turtleneck I made here

This pattern is really a classic jeans pattern. I use a jean button rather than the hook and eye closure in the instructions. If you want a great jeans pattern or want to try something like this for yourself, I think this is a terrific pattern to use. Maybe in another post, I’ll show you what my pattern pieces look like and how I get really reusable pattern pieces for those TNT patterns!

Vogue 8774…again!

I must say, I really love this patten. I have gone from thinking that I would never be able to make something like jeans, to wondering why it took me so long to even try to make them. While I haven’t perfected the fit just yet (there are a few tweaks I will make the next time), they are comfortable, easy to wear and actually easy to make (once you get the hang of it). I am definitely a jeans and T-shirts kind of girl for the most part, but I like to have some colors that I can’t always find in ready-to-wear. So making them is the perfect solution for me. I did this latest pair in a little over a day.  I made these in a size 14 with the only alteration being adding a dart to the back yoke and adding darts to the back waistband (to eliminate the gap). I think I want to try tapering up to a 16 in the thigh to the knee at least, but leaving the waist and hip at the 14. I’ll have to see how that works out the next time.

It’s been a while…

Well, it’s been a while since I last posted. I wasn’t intending for it to be so long, but sometimes other things take a priority. Anyway, here are two completed projects. I finished the jeans I was making for my daughter. I used Vogue 8774 (View A). I had made this pattern in white for her before, but she wanted these to be “really skinny”. So I tapered these down the leg from about the knee down. I also made a smaller size (these are a 12) and she likes the fit much better. I made them long so she can wear them with heels if she chooses.

The other project I completed last weekend was an outdoor project. I made a cushion for a bench my husband bought for the deck. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

The next project will be for myself. I’m in the process of trying to figure out what it will be. I really would like to make a couple of dresses and some skirts. I’ll see how things go. We are in the beginning stages of a kitchen remodel so everything that was in the kitchen is now in the living room and dining room. Luckily, I still have my sewing room! 🙂

More jeans

Last week I completed Vogue 8774 for my daughter. I made View A. If I had not completed the other jeans I made a couple of weeks ago (Vogue 1204), I probably would have had a more difficult time with this one. But, they say that one success can build upon another, so that’s what happened. The pants are essentially the same. The process for making them is certainly the same. This time around, I knew what adjustments I would need to make (taking in the back yoke, putting darts in the back waistband). I made a muslin and had my daughter, Lauren, try that on to check the fit. I actually made these in less than 2 days. For me, that’s quite an accomplishment. Most important, she’s happy with them and wants me to make her another pair!