I finally got the jacket I’d been working on done. I feel like it’s been forever, but it was really only about two weeks. There are quite a few pieces to the pattern, but once you get going, it really isn’t hard to sew together.
I made View D, which is the one with a high collar. The fabric is a wool blend coating I bought from LowPriceFabric.com. It’s raspberry wool with a lining to match.
I have to say I really LOVE this jacket. It’s warm (it was in the 30’s when I took these pictures). And the fit is great. I didn’t change anything about the pattern. That’s what I like.
The length of this view was perfect for me. I could see myself making this again using a different view and a different type of fabric. I think this pattern is pretty versatile in that regard.
One more thing, this is a picture of the robe I made at the end of last year. It’s red fleece and very warm and cozy.
I used McCall’s 4320 for this which has been my go-to pattern for robes and pj pants.
Happy new year to everyone out there!
I really wanted to have my latest project done by now, but that hasn’t happened. I feel like I’m fighting off a cold, so I haven’t been totally motivated to sew too much right now.
But, here is what I’m working on.
I’m making View D. I think it will be great once it’s done. I actually hope to have it finished by the end of the week. I try to get a little bit done almost every day.
I’ve got most of the lining done. At this point there’s really not that much left to do. So far, this is actually a fairly easy pattern to put together. The jacket is in a raspberry wool with raspberry lining.
Here is something that I did complete this year.
It’s McCall’s 4320 robe. This is in lavender flannel so it’s soft and warm. Just what’s needed when it’s a cold, rainy/snowy winter. I also made the same robe in red fleece on the last day of 2014.
Okay, so back to do some more sewing so I can get this done. I’m trying not to have any UFOs this year!
I just completed Vogue 8933. I made view A which is the short jacket. The pattern calls for contrast sleeves, but I used only one fabric for the jacket. I really like the style of this jacket and I find the length to be perfect when I have to drive while wearing it (I don’t care for long coats particularly in the car). I did change how the collar functions. what I mean by that is the pattern calls for hooks and eyes to close the collar around the neck. I actually did sew them on. Then, after I tried on the coat, I didn’t like how it looked, so I removed them. Now what I do is wrap the collar piece around my neck and snap the coat closed (that’s how it’s shown in the pictured). I like this look and feel much better.
Here is a close up of the fabric. It’s a wool herringbone that I bought at JoAnn’s. This jacket is quite warm!
Now, on to the next project!