If you haven’t noticed, I’m one of those people who buys patterns but doesn’t always get around to making them. I do keep almost all of them because I never know when I might want to make something. Anyway, this is a pattern that came out around 1997 (that’s the date on the pattern envelope). So, obviously, it’s out of print now. But, I was looking for a maxi skirt pattern where I could use some fabric I’ve had for a few years and this is what I found in my pattern drawer. It’s Butterick 4827. I really like how this turned out. The skirt has elastic in the back, so it’s easy to wear. I made this in a medium, although I enlarged the waist at the side seams by about 1″. The fabric is a floral shirting cotton that I bought at JoAnn’s. Since the skirt is long, I figured it could take the big print. I’m still looking for a striped knit to try a different maxi skirt pattern I have. Anyway, that’s all for now. On to the next project (a dress).