New pants

I finished these the other day. It’s Vogue 8756. I bought the pattern tho make the jacket, but haven’t gotten around to it. But I wanted some pants and thought this would be a good one to try. Well, I like the fit, but it took some doing to get it right. And let me just say, it’s not because of the pattern. I used a bright blue twill to make these pants. I cut out the 14, but I should have read a litt

le more carefully, because I should have used the 16 for the waist. These pants actually sit at the waistline rather than 1″ below the waist like so many patterns say now. My waist needs a 16 while the rest of me needs the 14 in this case. As a result, I had to remove the smaller darts in the back to give myself more room. Then I had to lengthen the waist band. Unfortunately, since I barely had enough fabric to make the pants, I didn’t have enough to make a whole new band, so I added a piece in the middle of the back to add about 2″. It worked out well, it just wouldn’t have been my first choice for solving the problem. Having said all that, these are the best fitting pants I’ve ever made (I haven’t made a lot of pants). The pattern itself is very easy to put together. One day, I hope to get around to making the jacket!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *