The last time I posted, I mentioned that I had bought some new fabric. I failed to mention that I also bought myself a couple of new patterns. One of the is this one that I mad the other day. It’s New Look 6022.
I made mine from a yellow and white striped seersucker that I’ve had for about 3 years. I did make a few changes to the pattern. I raised the neckline about 1″. and I added about 2″ to the hem. I also generally made the size 16, although I tapered down to the 14 in the hip area. But there are some details that make the dress nice. For example, the elastic in the back keeps it from being too full (and looking more like maternity-wear). The little detail of the elastic in the sleeve is also nice.
But I like easy, simple summer clothes, especially here where it can be terribly humid in the summer. And this only took a few hours to make!
So, I’m still determined to make it through much of this fabric stash I have. Improving my sewing and sewing from my stash are two ongoing projects for this year.