OOP Simplicity Dress 3773

Years ago when this pattern first came out, I made this top. I kept the pattern since it was always one of those things I liked. Well, fast forward 8 years or so and I decided the dress would be a great make for summer. The only thing is that since my size has changed, I needed to retrace the pattern, making it larger. So I did that as best I could and for the most part, it turned out well.

I could have (should have) made the bust area a bit bigger. The main objective was to increase this from a size 14 to 16. All in all, it’s very close to that.

This is made with a light-weight cotton gingham that is lined with a butter yellow batiste. The material is very thin and there definitely needed to be something to line this dress. Since I don’t often wear slips, I figured the best this was to make a lining.

If you have this pattern, I would say that it’s a very easy dress/top to make. I have also made the capris which have become a staple item in my wardrobe.

Until next time, I wish you all Sewlimitless possibilities…