This was my last project of 2010 – the BurdaStyle skirt from 9-2010, #106B. It’s referred to as the knee-length “mum” skirt. I really like this. It was easy to sew and I think it can be made in a variety of materials. I made size 42, but it was surprisingly about 2″ too big, so I made adjustments. I based the size on what the chart says in the magazine for my waist measurement. I did make a muslin first. The material I used is a small-wale corduroy; it almost looks and feels like suede. And for once, I did not have trouble inserting the invisible zipper! There is something to be said for taking one’s time and sewing slowly (not to mention being fully awake). The only thing I couldn’t get to work out quite right was the yoke attachment where the two seams aren’t quite even. But, the waist and the hem were even, so one thing improved while another still needs work. Anyway, the only thing the look needs are some knee-high boots, which I don’t have. I’m really lacking in the shoe category, but enough about that.
Now it’s time to plan on what to sew for this new year.