About a week ago, I was out running errands when I noticed just about every other woman I saw was wearing a maxi dress. It was about 95 degrees at the time. That’s when I remembered I had this pattern. Now, the main thing I wasn’t sure about with this pattern was the empire waist. Generally I don’t care for them on me, but I thought I’d go ahead and give it a try. I made this in a 16, although I cut out some of the fullness, so I probably could have made this in the 14. I used a lightweight cotton fabric I bought last year from G Street Fabrics. This is a “Make it crafty” pattern. I didn’t. I just wanted something simple so I didn’t add any kind of embellishments to it.
In all honesty, I’m not sure how I feel about the result. It’s very comfortable and flow-y. But I’m still not a fan of the empire waist on me. I like the neck line (both front and back). I think I’d probably like it more if I had either left the elastic out and just belted it at the waist, or if I had inserted the elastic at the waist. That, of course, would be a different look. But anyway, there’s certainly nothing wrong with the pattern and it’s very easy to make.