Okay I did it. I finished the jacket I have been putting off making for a few years now. I only started this last week, but I’ve had the pattern for a few years now. I really liked it, but I was afraid of giving it a try with the welt pockets, the fit, etc. You name it, I made excuses for it. Anyway, I used some fabric I had at home (sort of a linen blend). I’m really happy with the results AND it wasn’t difficult to make at all. I must say that I am a person who will follow directions when making something that I’m either unfamiliar with or am having trouble with. I did what the instructions said and got great results. Even the welt pockets turned out great.
And with the added flap:
I said I would challenge myself this year and so far I have and things have turned out pretty well. The things that haven’t turned out have been “learning experiences”. I do want to make another jacket like this one in another color, but I’m not sure when it will happen. There are so many things I have planned in my head to sew… I’m really trying to get the things done that I will get the most use out of before tackling some other things.