Like I said before, I love to challenge myself. So along with some other sewing challenges, I added my self to the Burda challenge where you make something from the magazine for that month each month. This time around, I chose these pants. The only “problem” is that this was a “plus-size” pattern. Well, Burda’s plus size isn’t that much different from my regular size, so I thought I’d give it a try. I traced the pattern but did not add any seam allowance.
I made a muslin and decided it needed a center back seam adjustment, so I added 1 inch there. I used a regular 5/8 inch seam allowance when sewing.
They do have a loose fit (they’re supposed to). I could take in the front crotch area a little bit next time. But overall, I’m very pleased.
By the way, I only have the shirt tucked in so you can see the details on the pants. Otherwise, I would not wear it this way.
Ahh, that’s more like it!