One pj set, two patterns

I love making my own pajamas and have made several over the years. For this set I used Burda Style 6742, but then also ended up using McCall’s 4320. 


Above is the BurdaStyle set as it’s supposed to be. Looks good even after taking the top out of the trash…


I really like the Burda pattern and all went well until I got to the part attaching the collar to the top. I’m still not sure what went wrong, but I just did not understand the instructions. If you’ve never made a Burda pattern, they are known for their minimal instructions. So, I think I attached the back/neck band wrong initially, and that’s what threw everything off. Anyway, I actually threw out the top at least 3 times. THREE times literally in the trash because I was so frustrated. That’s where the McCall’s pattern comes in.

I made the top in the second pic because I had already made the shorts and wanted a top to go with them. Whew!

I was determined to not let this pattern defeat me so I figured it out. It’s still not technically correct, but it works. 
 
I do want to figure out how to make this top the right way. The shorts – no problem. The solid yellow is gauze and the rest is just a cotton quilting fabric.


The shorts have a mock fly with buttons and pockets. Contrasting fabric can be used for the waist and leg bands.

That’s all for now. Hopefully my next project won’t be so maddening!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *