#JeansChallenge Done!

During the month of March I participated in the jean-making challenge over in the #SewMuchTalentFBgroup. Since I had been thinking of making myself another pair of jeans anyway, I figured this was the perfect time to get it done. I used Vogue 8774 for this pair with some slight modifications.

The finished product came out pretty good, although there are some changes I would like to make. For example, the fly is on the “wrong side” for me. I’m right-handed and would have the zipper open on the other side. And although I did make a muslin to check the fit beforehand, I did quite a bit of downsizing to get the fit like I wanted.

But I have to admit this process is fun for me. I know that so many people are scared to even try to make a pair of pants, but it’s really not as frustrating as you might imagine (or it doesn’t have to be). Jeans are a bit more difficult/ time-consuming because there’s more pieces (usually) and they fit close to the body.

I’m currently working on another pair of jeans using a different pattern. I’ll let you know how that goes. Until then… Let me know what you all are up to. I’d love to hear from you!

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *